The summer months are a popular time for people to sell their property, and you’ll want to take some extra steps to make sure that your home stands out from the other ones in your neighbourhood. It can be easier to showcase your home to potential buyers, since you have the advantage of being able to include your backyard and patio area (if you have one) as drawing features during an open house or showing.
Summer Staging Tips to Show Off Your Home to Advantage
- Make sure your front door looks welcoming by giving it a fresh coat of paint. If your home has a formal style, stick to traditional blue or black, but you can also choose a standout colour like red, yellow or bright green to give it some personality.
- Updating the exterior light fixture is an inexpensive way to make potential buyers feel welcome and make sure that the number on your house is clearly visible.
- Add some colour around the front door with flowers. You don’t have to go overboard. Hanging a couple of baskets or placing a planter beside the front door can give this area a boost without you having to spend a lot of time or effort.
- Place a small rug inside the front door to make potential buyers feel welcome. Make sure that it is machine washable so that you will be able to keep it clean easily.
- Clean all the windows to make your home look as clean and bright as possible.
- Mow the lawn and make sure that it is kept neatly trimmed until your home is sold. Trim hedges and shrubs that are near paths and windows as well.
- Draw attention to your outdoor living space by making sure your patio furniture looks clean and neat. Apply a fresh coat of paint to metal or wicker sets, if needed, or invest in new cushions if your old ones are a bit tired looking.
- Do you have a pool? This is a major selling feature and you’ll want to make sure that it is spotless so that it looks its absolute best. Set up some deck chairs and a small table nearby so that potential buyers can picture themselves relaxing by “their” pool.
Follow these summer staging tips and you’ll be able to show off your home’s best features. It will spend less time on the market, and you’ll find a buyer more quickly.